Popcorn & Peanuts study Mathematics
Excellence In Education In Our Home.
Click On These Links For Math and more:
- Seashell Math By request, my own demonstration lesson on how to teach the multiplication tables using seashells as manipulatives. Includes some discussion of teaching Math the CM way, and the Philosophy of "The Way of The Reason".
- Cuisenaire Hands-on Mathematics and Science for Grades K-9.
- The Learning Kingdom Daily Cool Facts, Free Games; and more!
On-line Elementary Math Tutoring (fee)
- Math Flash Cards On line basic drill program. Just what you need for a little quick drill on a weak spot! More games expected soon.
- Math U See Homepage Where you find the MUS dealer for your area, and more general information. Borrow a demo video. This is a kinesthetic math for all levels, with music, manipulatives, and videotapes as well as worksheets. MUS seems to include more geometry than Saxon, and has some formal proof work in the upper levels. Excellent!
- Saxon Math Math texts with built-in review and cumulative learning. On-line free placement testing. Younger kids use manipulatives, older ones need to be visual/abstract learners. Formal Proofs not used for Geometry. Great test scores!
- Curriculum Resources Elementary
- Educational Hotlists Site
- Math Forum-Swarthmore College On-line enrichment classes for high-potential kids. (Not free.) Often used by PS.
- Interactive Geometry
- Conjectures In Geometry
- Euclid's Elements for Geometry On-line interactive version of the text of this name. Uses a JAVA applet for the diagrams-which locked up on me, so be careful with it.
Teaching Helps Section has moved
Please Click Here These aren't materials, nor are they courses. You will find lesson plans, on-line quizzes, and some helpful teaching tips on these pages.
Click to Return To Home Education Shortcuts Table
Click to Go Back To The Homepage
Let me know what you think: E-Mail Us!